Welcome to TIVERTON 1st!

Tiverton 1st is a grassroots community organization open to all who support preserving our quality of life in Tiverton by maintaining both our community and school services in a fiscally-responsible way, and promoting cooperation, compromise and community pride.
Membership is open to all Tiverton residents who are at least 18 years old & support Tiverton 1st's principles & goals (non-residents or those under 18 years old are welcome to join as non-voting members). There's no membership fee.Just email your name, address, phone # and email address to: Tiverton1st@cox.net.
You can also request to become a "Tiverton 1st Friend"& join our confidential email list.

Friday, October 31, 2014

A STATEMENT FROM PETER MELLO, CANDIDATE FOR TOWN COUNCIL


My name is Peter Mello, and I’d like your vote for the Tiverton Town Council on November 4th.  I’d like to share my thoughts on two of the most pressing issues I see facing our town.

I am for fair and open government. I believe the best way to address issues is to face them openly and honestly. It’s important that everyone have a voice in town government and all are fully welcomed and encouraged to participate, because the best solutions never happen behind closed doors.  Problems need to be solved with equitable solutions before they end up in costly and unnecessary litigation at the expense of taxpayers and our town’s reputation.

I believe in smart economic growth that has an overall positive impact for the town. Smart development has a net positive impact on Tiverton’s balance sheet and maintains the quality of life characteristics that make Tiverton unique.  I think it’s possible to protect Tiverton’s natural resources and at the same time support economic growth and development if we are careful in doing our research.

My personal experience of twenty-five years plus in the lending & finance industry has taught me to pay close attention to detail, and that research and due diligence are key to good decision making.  I also have experience with town government as a member of the Tiverton Conservation Commission for the last three plus years, which has been a great education in both land use and development. I know that I can help to make Tiverton a better place, and so ask for your vote for town councilor this coming election day. 

Peter Mello

Candidate for Town Council

No comments:

Post a Comment